This cold and flu season seems to be determined to kick my ass! I’m fighting another round and I am so SICK AND TIRED of being sick and tired! I’m taking matters into my own hands and getting all kinds of essential-oiled-up around here! I’ve got my diffuser going non stop and I whipped up a batch of these cold kicking shower melts that pack one heck of a wallop that clear my sinuses in the morning!

Essential Oil Cold Kicking Shower Melts - BusyBeingJennifer.com

These cold kicking shower melts are the perfect combination of peppermint and eucalyptus. They dissolve in the shower releasing those essential oils into the steam!

Essential Oil Cold Kicking Shower Melts - BusyBeingJennifer.com

Why peppermint and eucalyptus oils? Peppermint oil is great for clearing respiratory tract, it can improve mental focus, and will give you an energy boost. Eucalyptus oil works as an expectorant and helps cleanse your body of toxins and harmful microorganisms that can make you feel sick. Put the two of them together with a little steam in the shower and you’ll be feeling a whole lot better in no time!

Essential Oil Cold Kicking Shower Melts - BusyBeingJennifer.com

To make your own cold kicking shower melts you will need:

1 1/2 cups cornstarch
20 drops peppermint essential oil
20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
1 Tablespoon Witch Hazel (optional)
Food Coloring (optional)
Water – 3 to 4 tablespoons to start, more will likely be needed
ice cube tray or silicone molds
medium size bowl
mixing spoon

Step #1 – Add your cornstarch, essential oils, witch hazel and food coloring to medium sized mixing bowl. Stir. It will be very powdery and clumpy.

Step #2 – Add water, starting with 3 Tablespoons. Mix well… it will start as a dry, crumbly mixture. Add water a few drops at a time and mix well. Then a few more drops and mix some more. Repeat until you get JUST past the crumbly point and the color is mixed in. If the mixture gets too wet, add a little more cornstarch.

Step #3 – Spoon the paste into the ice cube tray or silicone mold. Gently tap / shake to work out the bubbles. Freeze for at least 1 hour.

Essential Oil Cold Kicking Shower Melts - BusyBeingJennifer.com

Store your cold kicking shower melts is a cool dry place or back in the freezer until you need one! Then just toss it on the floor of your shower for some peppermint and eucalyptus relief!

The power of essential oils really are amazing! The next time you feel stuffed up, or you’re getting that icky-sicky feeling, whip up a batch of these cold kicking shower melts and they’ll help bring you some relief!

*This advice is based on my experience with essential oils and the research that I’ve done. This information is my opinion and should not replace the advice of a doctor. When it comes to your health and well being, I always recommend that you do your own research. If you’re interested in leaning more about essential oils, I’d love to talk with you! Send me an email at busybeingjennifer@gmail.com

27 Responses to Cold Kicking Shower Melts

1. Leslie says:

I have a few co-workers who would benefit from one of these right now. Everyone around here is sharing a cold. These are great!

2. julieiscocoandcocoa says:

I have everything except the eucalyptus eo! I’ll be making these soon.

3. Kelly Lorene says:

What a great idea! I’m just starting to get into the oils and love this. Thanks for sharing 🙂

4. Sounds amazing! Thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

5. ilkasblog says:

These shower melts are just an awesome idea. I love the idea of the Pure Essential Oils! So rejuvenating! If you would like to link them up at Sunday Fitness and Food Link-Up we would love to have you. I bet there some Wellness fans who would love to see it! Have a great Sunday! Pinning!

6. Angela says:

Wow! This is a wonderful idea & something I am definitely going to try. I love eucalyptus & peppermint oil & I can only imagine how beneficial they would be prepared this way & combined with steam of a shower. I have pinned & tweeted this 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing it at the Sunday Fitness & Food Link-up at http://www.marathonsandmotivation.com

7. mysideof50 says:

These look easy to make and I LOVE using peppermint and eucalyptus to clear my head! Thanks for sharing!

8. Teresa B says:

I love them! They are a perfect homemade gift!

If you have time, I would love for you to come and share this post over at the Really Crafty link party that is live right now! (http://keepingitrreal.blogspot.com.es/2016/02/welcome-to-really-crafty-link-party-6.html).

9. rleeosborn says:

Pinned! Def want to try!

10. I bet these smell amazing and help open up the nasal passages. I love my oils!

11. […] How to Monetize Old Blog Posts || February Must Haves || Cold Kicking Shower Melts […]

12. hilkayaker says:

I love when I see an awesome recipe and I already have all the ingredients!

You should come link up at our Bloggers Spotlight party, we pin everything to our group board and have two separate link-ups, one for posts and one devoted to pins so you get even more exposure!

13. Jeanne Zamutt says:

About what size are the individual heart molds? Thanks!

14. Great recipe! Pinned and thanks for sharing at#OMHGWW!

15. Rhonda Gales says:

Stopping by from Sunday’s Best linkup. I am so glad you shared this post. I have allergies. The symptoms are similar to a cold. I love shower soothers. I will be tweeting and pinning this. Thanks for sharing

16. michellejames42 says:

These are great! Perfect for this time of year! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

17. I love this; it would be great for my allergies, too! Thanks from all of us at Throwback Thursday for linking up to us this week! We can’t wait to see what you’ll bring next week. 🙂

Mollie

18. sorry you’re sick. I hate being sick, too, and these are just the thing for when I get a sinus infection (hopefully not for a while!) Thanks for linking up at #SaucySaturdays.

19. Debra C. says:

I have a MONSTER of a cold right now, I need some of these – pinning for later so when I feel like a human again….I can make some to have on hand!

20. swayam says:

This is so good!! will definitely come in handy .. Im quite prone to bad colds 🙁 We are so happy to say that you have been featured on our link party #SaucySaturday!

21. […] Everyday Uses for Essential Oils // DIY Fizzing Vanilla Peppermint Bath Salts // Cold Kicking Shower Melts […]

22. HT says:

Thanks Jennifer! Will try this. Can I use baking soda instead of corn starch? Not sure if it works the same.

23. Leina says:

About how many melts does this recipe make?