So I’ve been working on this Vintage Sheet quilt for what seems like forever… like really! It took me WAY too long to get this beauty done. Sorry Brittany! But I think you’ll agree it was worth the wait 🙂

Patchwork Rainbow Vintage Sheet Quilt - BusyBeingJennifer.com

Once again it was almost impossible to hand this one off. Or in this case mail it off. This beauty is in the mail and on its way to Louisiana!

Patchwork Vintage Sheet Quilt - BusyBeingJennifer.com

Once I FINALLY got the top put together, It was time to take it to my friend Shelli’s place and try out her fancy quilting machine! I’ve been dying to give this puppy a spin! After a quick lesson from Shelli, we decided to go with a basic stippling pattern… which is basically a larger, more easily controlled version of what I do on my own smaller machine.

Learning the Fancy Quilting Machine - BusyBeingJennifer.com

I had a TON of fun and can’t wait to go back next week and finish up a couple of other quilt tops I’ve had lying around for FAR to long!! As you can see below I’m quite into it 🙂

Working on my first Long Arm Quilted Quilt!! D - busybeingjennifer.com

Even Bitly has given this Patchwork Vintage Sheet Quilt her stamp of approval!

Rainbow Patchwork Vintage Sheet Twin Size Quilt - BusyBeingJennifer.com

What do you think of vintage sheet quilts? Would you curl up under one?

12 Responses to Fancy Quilting and a Finished Vintage Sheet Quilt

1. LuAnn Braley says:

Jennifer, that is beautiful!

2. Julie says:

It's beautiful! And that big sewing machine looks pretty amazing!

3. It just looks so nice and cool lying there in the grass! Well done.

4. Diana says:

Pretty! I love it!
    I have no idea how you have the time to make quilts – amazing.

5. Marnie Derrick Todd says:

I love quilts and the one you made is stunning! I love the color and pattern combinations. There is nothing like a quilt to wrap up in.

6. […] #3 – Vintage Sheet Quilt – I’ve made a few of these before, but they’ve always been for someone else. I also recently added a few new sheets/patterns to […]

7. Melinda Wray says:

I have a question what are quilt sheets ??? are they just made with sheet from a bed?

8. This is so gorgeous and such a work of art. Thanks for linking up and sharing with us at #overthemoon.

9. What a cool machine! That makes me want to quilt! Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! Hope to see ya next week!
    Kim

10. Wow, that is a fancy machine! Love the sheet/quilt pattern. Reminds me of bedsheets I had as a child!! Visiting from Home Matters party.

11. Nicole says:

I love the vintage sheet quilts, and would love to have one. Thank you for linking up with us at the #HomeMattersParty – please stop by and link up at this week’s party (opens Friday!)