A couple of weeks ago I got some exciting news! And no, I am not the one that is pregnant. I can’t say who it is just yet, but I have been making a bunch of frilly little girly things the past few weeks! One of the first projects is this incredibly soft pink and grey baby girls afghan 🙂

Pink and Grey Baby Girl Blanket

This is the second time I’ve done a Catherine’s Wheel style blanket. I love the way it crochets up, the pattern it creates and the cozy feel of it. I adapted this pattern, instead of creating a cowl I just kept going!  I am thrilled with how it turned out 🙂

pink and grey baby girl afghan

pink and grey baby girls blanket

I only wish I could deliver it in person and then get some snuggles in… but since I can’t just yet, this lovely baby afghan can take me place 🙂

Grey and Pink Baby Girls Blanket

Grey and Pink Baby Girls Afghan

If these types of baby afghans weren’t such an intense labour of love, I’d consider adding them to the shop… but I think this took close to 20+ hours of crocheting! Nobody would be willing to pay the price I’d have to charge to make it worth my time. Of course there is a chance that I am wrong and you might be interested in something like this… which means you should email so we can talk 🙂

12 Responses to Pink and Grey Baby Girl Afghan

1. Karie says:

Absolutely beautiful!

2. meredith says:

loving the afghan and the colors! so beautiful Jennifer!!!!

3. Anjie says:

so pretty..

4. Beautifully done! Visiting from Craft O Matic.

Sheila http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/

5. Rachel says:

Oh, I love the pink and grey combination! The Catherine's Wheel pattern looks great too. What was your base pattern?

I'd love to have you link up to this week's Yarn Fanatic Party! http://philwife.blogspot.com/2015/01/yarn-fanatic

6. Lilly's Mom says:

It's a beautiful blanket you have created. I know the stitch you used and it can be tricky to get the tension correct. You blanket looks perfect and I'm sure it will be much loved.

7. Alexandra says:

Beautiful afghan! This is something that will be treasured for years to come.

8. Kimberly says:

Oh my! So cute. Pinned and tweeted. Thank you so much for being a part of our party. We really appreciate you! I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls

9. Divachyk // Relaxed Thairapy says:

Hi there, I'm a cohost for Wake Up Wednesday. I'm a beginning crocheter. It took me about 5 hours to complete a project (chunky cowl) that the pattern suggested should only take one. A few people want me to make them a cowl but geez, I can't find the energy to crank out 5 or 6 cowls at 5 hours a piece.

10. Kathy Davis says: